Requirements for Prospective Advocates
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be removed from a personal crisis situation for at least one year before applying to the Volunteer Program.
- Applicants must be willing/able to work with diverse populations (cultural, racial, socioeconomic, religious, sexual orientation, etc.)
- Applicants must interview with the Volunteer Coordinator prior to being accepted into a training class.
- Applicants must give consent for and understand that C.A.S.A. will require Livescan fingerprinting.
- Applicants must be able to attend all training sessions totaling 42.5 hours.
- Applicants must be able to pay the $50 training fee.
- Applicants must be able to attend all on-going trainings (trainings to be held monthly).
- Applicants must commit to 12 months of volunteering.
- Applicants must complete an application form and attend an orientation session prior to being accepted into the training program by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- All trainings take place at the C.A.S.A. office at 2587 S. San Jacinto Street, San Jacinto, California, 92583.